Beauty | Fashion | Lifestyle

Makeup Menu | Rose Gold Glitter



I'm definitely one of those still clinging on to the 'Rose Gold Everything' trend, and I don't think I'll ever back down. It's crept so far in my life that it's now on my face. 

For the base of this eye look I used MAC's Paint Pot in Painterly (it's a huge cult product, but for a reason- It's a creamy texture that thickens a little once you've applied it to the eye, and it does a good job of cancelling out veins and whatever else goes on ontop of an eyelid that you don't want in your smokey eye). All of my eyeshadows and including my brow colour came from one of Smashbox's new Cover Shot palettes, Ablaze, which I bought with the intention of using it for travel since it's so teeny and has a great little mirror, but I haven't put the thing down since I got it. For my brows I used Dark Horse, and for the brow bone and inner corners I used Moccasin and Relaxed mixed together. For the inner third of my eye I used Siesta, a shimmery rosy-pink shade, and for the centre my lid I used Nirvana, which is a matte burgundy colour. I copied all of these shades in the respective places beneath my eye, and then applied more Dark Horse on the outer third of the eyelid and beneath, joined together. Blended together this created a more-than-your-everyday smoky look. 


For mascara I used Maxfactor's False Lash Effect, my current favourite, in Black. The lashes I applied are from Eyelure's new Luxe Mink Effect Lash collection. The type I used are Solitaire, a gorgeous, wispy set. I'm a complete noob with applying lashes and I manage to apply these fine every time - so they're great if you feel like you can't hack the application of strip lashes too.

To complete the look, and my favourite part, I used Kryolan's Multi Gel in Copper. Kryolan is unfortunately a professional makeup brand and their main store, the only one I've ever seen, is located in Covent Garden. Otherwise, it's quite hard to get hold of without ordering online here where the postage costs more than the product. If you weren't looking to buy a few more colours to make the postage worth it, I've found a very similar one here.


What do you think? Would you try this look?

Alice

10 comments

  1. Ah such a stunning makeup look, I adore it - so pretty and feminine! Your brows look amazing also xxx

    Jasmine || blogsallbeautyy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This eye shadow look is stunning! Rose gold tones are definitely my favorite!

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Mine too, they're so flattering!

      Alice x

      Delete
  3. That eyeshadow looks stunning!! :D

    xx Sofia | SOFIAADOT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still love rose gold as well, but it doesnt work too well with my skin tone. It looks amazing on you though.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, certain shades of it can just make my eye look irritated and red! Thank you Linda xx

      Alice x

      Delete
  5. I'm definitely going to try and re-create this makeup look on saturday. It looks absolutely stunning and the glitter just gives the perfect final touch.

    Gaby (Gato) Martínez
    thecatflower.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect, let me know how it goes! I love adding glitter, like you say it really does finish the look.

      Alice x

      Delete

© ALICE HOWARTH MUA

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig